site safety,occupational health and safety, safety plans, safety files

When should an accident or incident be reported to the Department or Labour?

  • Notify your nearest Labour Centre immediately if the accident is fatal or involves a major injury, such as a fracture or amputation or loss of sight.
  • Report any work related accident which results in more than 14 days off work
  • Report if a member of the public is killed or sent to hospital as a result of an accident on your site or related to your worksite activities.